Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Counselor Reflections- Week 1

Day 1

Today I taught three base principles of photography and allowed the kids to take pictures around the garden. They seemed to apply the principles and enjoyed taking pictures. the pictures are now uploaded on the FHC blog. I also assisted in the preparing the meal and snacks.

Today I spent time helping the kids understand many of the principles taught to them that they might not have understood right away. I enjoyed helping the kids as well as getting closer to many of them!

I really enjoyed the bee keeper coming and sharing with us about bees. I also enjoyed the display of bees showing. I enjoyed the physical activity of kickball. I also enjoyed the inside activities.

I loved meeting the kids and learning from the guest teachers! I wish some of the lessons were more interactive. I'm very excited about the coming summer!Today has been good so I'm excited for tomorrow!!

My favorite part was eating and every being together! I learned a lot about 3D printing and how it works! The day went better than I thought and it moved more quickly than I expected. I had much more to do and i felt very accomplished.

Best part of the day? the 3D printer. We didn't even get to print anything yet and it was still so cool. Spools of plastic melting and forming whatever you tell it to. I'd say this day was a success. but we'll see how much the kids can learn by the end of the week.

Day 2

I enjoyed all of the activities today! My favorite part was the tennis ball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment